Rebuilding Together Oakland County
Before our non-profit organization was established in Oakland County, Rebuilding Together was making a name for itself in communities and neighborhoods across the nation
- The organization was started in 1988 as "Christmas in April", with 13 loosely organized community service programs.
- The National Headquarters started in a basement in Washington D.C., today the network has improved more than 120,000 homes across the nation!
- With the help of 2.5 million community volunteers, Rebuilding Together has delivered over $1 billion in market value since we began.
- Rebuilding Together Oakland County (RTOC) was founded in 1992, and joins over 200 other affiliates across the nation striving for community improvement.
For more information on our national organization, visit rebuildingtogether.org
Our Impact in the Community
Oakland County 2015 Total Impact
- 37 houses rehabilitated during our National Rebuild Day.
- 2 additional large scale home repair projects throughout the year.
- 2 non-profit agencies helped with repairs and modifications.
- 63 Minor Home Repairs for 25 families throughout the year.
- 1,000+ volunteers donated their time and skills.
- $600,000 in increased market value provided to our neighborhoods.
- RTOC impacted the lives of over 115 low-income residents and non-profit agencies with much needed upgrades and repair!
Total Oakland County Impact from 1992 through 2015
- 949 homes and non-profit facilities rehabilitated.
- Community volunteers performed over 277,500 hours of volunteer service.
- Delivering $7.8 million in market value.
- Work done in 23 communities in Oakland County.